Welcome to the Parent Network of the Capital Region (PNCR), a provider of special education supports and resources to parents of children with disabilities.
1. Do you have concerns about your child's learning or educational needs?
2. Are you confused by the special education process?
3. Would you like to learn about your child's disability and how it impacts learning?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, call or email us today at 518-640-3320 or email@example.com for free individualized 1:1 support and guidance.
The PNCR's mission is to provide parents with the knowledge, skills, and resources to facilitate productive relationships with their school districts ensuring an appropriate education for their child.
Who We Are/Who We Serve:
The PNCR is located in Latham, NY. We are one of fourteen special education parent centers throughout the state and are funded by a grant from the New York State Education Department. We serve parents and professionals, including service providers, disability organizations and schools, in a thirteen county area including Albany, Columbia, Essex, Fulton, Greene, Hamilton, Montgomery, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, Warren and Washington Counties. ALL SERVICES ARE OFFERED AT NO COST.
How We Can Help:
Navigating the special education system in New York State can be a challenge for many families. PNCR helps families and professionals understand education laws and regulations, parents' rights and those of students receiving special education services. We help assist parents and families with questions and concerns they have regarding their children's educational programs. If you are the parent or family member of a school aged child with a disability we can help you make sense of it all.
"Like" us on:
- Information Related to Graduation Requirements for Students with Disabilities: Click Here.
- Changes in Allowable Testing Accommodations on the Grades 3-8 New York State English Language Arts Assessments (11/2016): Click Here.
- Changes to the New York State Procedural Safeguards Notice: Rights for Parents of Children with Disabilities, Ages 3-21 (6/2016): Click Here.
- Career Development Occupational Studies (CDOS) Graduation Pathway Option (6/2016): Click Here.
- New York State Laws and Regulations that Differ from Federal Requirements (6/2016): Click Here.
- New Requirements for Special Education Programs and Services: Amendment of Regulations Relating to Recommendations for One-to-One Aides for Preschool and School-Age Students with Disabilities and Preschool Special Education Programs and Services (6/2016): Click Here.
- School Districts’ Responsibilities to Provide Students with Disabilities with Specially-Designed Instruction and Related Services in the Least Restrictive Environment (LRE) (12/2015): Click Here.
- Blueprint for Improved Results for Students with Disabilities (11/2015): Click Here.
- Initial Individual Evaluations of Children Transitioning from Early Intervention (EI) Programs to Preschool Special Education Services (10/2015): Click Here.
- Curriculum Instruction toward the Common Core Learning Standards (6/2014): Click Here.
PNCR Highlights/Items of Interest
United States Department of Education
Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services
Browse Our Lending Library Catalog For Special Education and
Disability Related Books, DVDs, CDs, and Other Resource Materials.
To Inquire About Availability or Borrowing,
Contact the PNCR Office @ 518-640-3320.
Common Core Resources for Parents of Students with Disabilities.