Welcome To The Parent Network of the Capital Region (PNCR)
A Provider of Special Education Support and Resources To Parents of Children With Disabilities
PNCR's mission is to provide parents with the knowledge, skills, and resources to facilitate productive relationships with their school districts ensuring an appropriate education for their child.
Who We Are/Who We Serve:PNCR is located in Latham, NY. We are one of thirteen special education parent centers throughout the state and are funded by a grant from the New York State Education Department. We serve parents and professionals, including service providers, disability organizations and schools, in a thirteen county area including Albany, Columbia, Essex, Fuiton, Greene, Hamilton, Montgomery, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, Warren and Washington Counties. ALL SERVICES ARE OFFERED AT NO COST.
How We Can Help:
What We Do
PNCR provides parents and family members of children with disabilities informatoin, resources and strategies to:
- Promote meaningful involvement in their child's educational programs including information regarding the special education process (referrals for special education, individual evaluations, individualized education programs or IEP development and transition planning);
- Assist parents in understanding their child's disabilities;
- Promote early resolution of disputes between parents and school districts;
- Promote the use of resolution sessions and special education mediations;
- Assist in understanding procedural due process rights;
- Enhance parents' skills and levels of confidence to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with their schools to advocate for and actively participate in their child's education program.
*Parent Network of the Capital Region (PNCR)*
September Workshop & Training Offerings - CLICK HERE
*Wildwood Foundation is Hosting a Planned Giving Info Session*
Info session will be held on 9/30/14. CLICK HERE for more info.
*Wildwood Programs Family/Professional Trainings*
"OPWDD Front Door Orientation", "Life After High School: What's Next?", "Home, Housing & Community Opportunities"-For details/registration info CLICK HERE.
"Mealtime & Children w/ASD", "Healthy Plate, Healthy Life", "Anxiety & Autism Part II"-For details/registration info CLICK HERE.