Welcome To The Parent Network of the Capital Region (PNCR)
A Provider of Special Education Support and Resources To Parents of Children With Disabilities
PNCR's mission is to provide parents with the knowledge, skills, and resources to facilitate productive relationships with their school districts ensuring an appropriate education for their child.
Who We Are/Who We Serve:PNCR is located in Latham, NY. We are one of thirteen special education parent centers throughout the state and are funded by a grant from the New York State Education Department. We serve parents and professionals, including service providers, disability organizations and schools, in a thirteen county area including Albany, Columbia, Essex, Fuiton, Greene, Hamilton, Montgomery, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, Warren and Washington Counties. ALL SERVICES ARE OFFERED AT NO COST.
How We Can Help:
What We Do
PNCR provides parents and family members of children with disabilities information, resources and strategies to:
- Promote meaningful involvement in their child's educational programs including information regarding the special education process (referrals for special education, individual evaluations, individualized education programs or IEP development and transition planning);
- Assist parents in understanding their child's disabilities;
- Promote early resolution of disputes between parents and school districts;
- Promote the use of resolution sessions and special education mediations;
- Assist in understanding procedural due process rights;
- Enhance parents' skills and levels of confidence to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with their schools to advocate for and actively participate in their child's education program.
PNCR presents: "New York State Alternate Assessment (NYSAA): What You Need to Know" on 01/06/2015, 10a-12p at Clifton Park-Half Moon Public Library in Clifton Park. Click Here for INFORMATION/REGISTRATION.
PNCR presents: "Preparing for Your Child's Annual Review-CSE Meeting" on 01/13/2015, 6p-7:30p at Harriet Gibbons Media Center/City School District of Albany. Click Here for INFORMATION/REGISTRATION
PNCR presents: "School Discipline and Students with Disabilities: Understanding the Process, Procedures, and Student Rights" on 01/15/2015, 10a-12p at PNCR Office/Wildwood Programs in Latham. Click Here for INFORMATION/REGISTRATION
PNCR presents: "Preparing for Your Child's Annual Review-CSE Meeting" on 01/20/2015, 10a-12p at PNCR Offices/Wildwood Programs in Latham. Click Here for INFORMATION/REGISTRATION
PNCR presents: "Making the Move: Preschool to School Age Services (CPSE to CSE)" on 01/21/2015, 10a-12p at Saratoga Springs Public Libray, Saratoga Springs. Click Here for INFORMATION/REGISTRATION
PNCR presents: "Understanding the Impact of Depression and Anxiety in Students with Disabilities" on 01/27/2015, 6:30p-8p at East Greenbush Community Library in East Greenbush, NY. Click here for INFORMATION/REGISTRATION