Welcome To The Parent Network of the Capital Region (PNCR)
A Provider of Special Education Support and Resources To Parents of Children With Disabilities
PNCR's mission is to provide parents with the knowledge, skills, and resources to facilitate productive relationships with their school districts ensuring an appropriate education for their child.
Who We Are/Who We Serve:PNCR is located in Latham, NY. We are one of thirteen special education parent centers throughout the state and are funded by a grant from the New York State Education Department. We serve parents and professionals, including service providers, disability organizations and schools, in a thirteen county area including Albany, Columbia, Essex, Fuiton, Greene, Hamilton, Montgomery, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, Warren and Washington Counties. ALL SERVICES ARE OFFERED AT NO COST.
How We Can Help:
What We Do
PNCR provides parents and family members of children with disabilities informatoin, resources and strategies to:
- Promote meaningful involvement in their child's educational programs including information regarding the special education process (referrals for special education, individual evaluations, individualized education programs or IEP development and transition planning);
- Assist parents in understanding their child's disabilities;
- Promote early resolution of disputes between parents and school districts;
- Promote the use of resolution sessions and special education mediations;
- Assist in understanding procedural due process rights;
- Enhance parents' skills and levels of confidence to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with their schools to advocate for and actively participate in their child's education program.
3rd Annual Autism Awareness Information Fair
Click on the date below for more information.
Saratoga Springs City Center
WILDWOOD PROGRAMS PRESENTS FOUR FAMILY & PROFESSIONAL WORKSHOPS:
THE IMPACT OF SENSORY ISSUES ON LEARNING
Thursday - 4/24/14, 9:30am-12pm
ANXIETY & AUTISM: The Manifestation of Anxiety in individuals with Autism and Intervention Strategies
Friday - 5/2/14, 9:30am-11:30am
AGING WITH DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES
All workshops are held at Wildwood Programs Latham Office, 1190 Troy-Schenectady Rd, Latham, NY 12110. There is NO CHARGE for attendance. Seating is limited. Registration is required - please call 518-640-3300. Specific questions should be directed to Marie Awn Floyd at email@example.com or 518-640-3346.
Monday - 5/12/14, 9:15am-11:30am