Welcome To The Parent Network of the Capital Region (PNCR)
A Provider of Special Education Support and Resources To Parents of Children With Disabilities
The PNCR's mission is to provide parents with the knowledge, skills, and resources to facilitate productive relationships with their school districts ensuring an appropriate education for their child.
Who We Are/Who We Serve:The PNCR is located in Latham, NY. We are one of fourteen special education parent centers throughout the state and are funded by a grant from the New York State Education Department. We serve parents and professionals, including service providers, disability organizations and schools, in a thirteen county area including Albany, Columbia, Essex, Fulton, Greene, Hamilton, Montgomery, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, Warren and Washington Counties. ALL SERVICES ARE OFFERED AT NO COST.
How We Can Help:
What We Do
PNCR provides parents and family members of children with disabilities information, resources and strategies to:
- Promote meaningful involvement in their child's educational programs including information regarding the special education process (referrals for special education, individual evaluations, individualized education programs or IEP development and transition planning);
- Assist parents in understanding their child's disabilities;
- Promote early resolution of disputes between parents and school districts;
- Promote the use of resolution sessions and special education mediations;
- Assist in understanding procedural due process rights;
- Enhance parents' skills and levels of confidence to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with their schools to advocate for and actively participate in their child's education program.
PNCR, in partnership with Catholic Charities Disabilities Services, presents: "Cracking the Code: Graduation Options for Students with Disabilities" on 10/14/2015, 6p-8p at Catholic Charities Disabilities Services Office in Colonie. Click Here for INFORMATION/REGISTRATION
PNCR presents: "Cracking the Code: Graduation Options for Students with Disabilities" on 10/20/2015, 10:00a-12:00p at Crandall Public Library in Glens Falls. Click here for more INFORMATION/REGISTRATION.
PNCR, in partnership with AIM - Saratoga, presents: "It's All In the Way You Say It: Communicating Effectively with Your Educational Team" on 10/20/2015, 6:00p-8:00p at AIM in Saratoga. Click here for INFORMATION/REGISTRATION.
PNCR presents: "What You Need To Know If You Suspect Your Child Has a Disability or is Newly Diagnosed" on 10/27/2015, 10:00a-12:00p at Saratoga Springs Public Library in Saratoga Springs. Click Here for INFORMATION/REGISTRATION
PNCR, in partnership with Saratoga County Social Services Foster Care, presents: "Understanding Specific Learning Disabilities" on 10/27/15, 5:30p-7:30p at the Saratoga County Social Services Foster Care Offices in Ballston Spa. Click Here for INFORMATION/REGISTRATION